It is impossible to import word "著名"

When I imported a text including the word “著名”, this word has been converted into the word “着 名”,

Here is the lesson page

“… 世界 着 名 的 …”

However, when I saw the print version, this word “著名” appeared on the screen.
“… 世界 著名 的 …”

Is it possible to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

著 is traditional Chinese, and LingQ translates those characters automatically into simplified Chinese (in the reader view).

The simplified version of 著 is 着, so everything is correct.
The print version always shows the original text.

See also MDBG Chinese-English Dictionary

Thank your very much for your explanation. Actually, there are two characters 著, 着 in simplified Chinese. I think it is difficult to solve this issue. One solution is that LingQ changes the system that does not translate traditional characters automatically into simplified Chinese.

著名 exists in simplified Chinese. In other words, 著 in this context cannot be simplified into anything. 着 名 is complete nonsense.

As well, 著作 cannot be written as 着作. The latter doesn’t exist and is not the simplified form of anything.

On the other hand, you have 衣着 in simplified Chinese.

(Note: There is something else that is not true about simplified Chinese uttered in other threads by people who do not know much about simplified Chinese but thought they knew.)

You are right: 著 zhù (example 著名 zhùmíng) is both simplified / traditional the same character.

But all other (zhe, zháo, zhuó, zhāo) have different forms, like explained above.

LingQ seems not be able to differentiate the cases, where one traditional character has multiple simplifications. Normally multiple traditional forms have one simplification, like 干, 台, etc.

The differences between Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese are not so distinct in my point of view. When the Chinese characters were simplified in the 50s and 60s, not all of them were simplified. In short, they still share a part of the character set, in which you can find same characters in both Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.

@hape
These two characters you mentioned, 干 and 台, I don’t think they are so called Simplified Chinese because you can still find these two characters in the Kangxi Dictionary, and, personally, I think these two words are just located in the shared character set of both Traditional and Simplified Chinese. Of course, the meaning of the character might change by time and by location. As for the character, 台, which you might notice in some Traditional Chinese articles, belongs more to the category of Variant Chinese characters.

@dillemme
For the conversion between Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese characters, a more appropriate solution would be a mapping based on phrases instead of characters, but I think here in LingQ the mapping is done by one-to-one characters conversion. There are lots of interesting issues regarding the conversion between Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. You can try to google it.

my 2 cents

我是中国大陆人,“著名”是正确的,从没有听说过“着名”。

在这篇文章中,有好几个错别字,第十四行的“要走您收我当您的学生”中,“要走”应该是“要是”。
倒数第五行的“美是你对的”中,“美是”应该是“要是”。
这些错误应该是文字输入产生的错误。

希望对您有帮助,如果不明白,可以和我语音对话,I can speak a little english.