Is there a place on the app to practice writing without requesting feedback?

Hi Folks, I am new to LingQ so apologies if this has already been answered. Is there a place on the app where I can enter my practice writing - preferably in each lesson - and not have it be submitted for correction? … something like a scratch pad for each lesson.

I am at very beginning stages of learning French and enjoy the exercise of trying to convert what I hear into text - even if it’s really bad spelling/grammar. So, I don’t want correction at this point.

I know that I could just do this in a text editor off to the side, but it would be nice to capture it and measure it (word count) on LingQ. Thanks.

2 Likes

You can always add word count manually. Writing exchange on LingQ is the only way for it to automatically count for you.

I personally do my writing elsewhere (using a tool that allows for German letters). Then I do word count with this site: Word Counter – Count Words & Improve Writing

Then I enter that count manually.

2 Likes

Actually, that could be a good feature to add. If they implemented something like DeepL write directly to LingQ, it could be great.

3 Likes