Is the problem of not being able to import youtube videos fixed?

Is the problem of not being able to import youtube videos fixed?

1 Like

It is working for Spanish. It may be different for other language slots.

Just tried it for a Spanish video and it is still not working.

1 Like
  • Which browser (plus version) are you using?
  • And which video are you trying to import (i.e. which is the URL)?

I tried it yesterday with three YT videos from “VisualPolitik” -
and it worked like a charm (using Firefox, version 119.0.1 (64-Bit)).

No Hay Tos through the IPad and YouTube app and I tried to import through Safari. Same error as others

1 Like

Ah, I see. Then that’s an extension issue related to iOS.
Unfortunately, I’m not able to reproduce this error bc.
I tend to avoid Apple :slight_smile:

If you don’t get an answer in this forum in time,
you could also contact the LingQ support directly
via email: support@lingq.com

Such issues occur again and again because YT or Netflix are constantly changing something. And LingQ can only update their extensions when such issues become known…

We are looking into YT import issue. Thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

Any update on fixing this?

3 Likes

Still not working for me (iOS, Firefox 120.0, YouTube, Indonesian, Chinese and Turkish).

1 Like

Not working for me either. I was previously able to upload dreaming spanish with auto subtitles but no longer able to do this. Just tried my apple iphone will try on a pc later.

2 Likes

Can we get an idea of when this will be fixed? We are going on 3-4 weeks now

2 Likes

Its working for me now. Just imported 6 Buena Gente videos with google chrome from Youtube. Interesting though that I failed to import a transcript webpage of Cuentame with the same browser.

Just tried a dreaming to upload a dreaming spanish with the auto subtitles and that’s still not working.

1 Like

It should be fixed and working properly now. Everyone, make sure that you have the latest app versions installed and latest extension versions too.

1 Like

I updated to the latest v5.4.20 and retested just now.

YouTube videos with subtitles uploads fine; however, videos with autogenerated subtitles still does not work.

1 Like

I tried two videos with autogenerated subtitles using the latest version of the app and neither worked for me as well. I wish they were not so incompetent but maybe that is asking for too much.

Don’t know if this is helpful Zoran as appreciate these things are difficult to get right but the Buena Gente videos I just imported don’t work properly. The sound is not in sync so when I play in sentence view I just get the theme tune.

1 Like

We are still about to push an update that should deal with the issue related to autogenerated subtitles. Should be very soon.

2 Likes

I just used it this morning for French and it worked :grinning:

1 Like