Iphone app keeps crashing

Hello,

Recently and all today the Lingq app for Iphone has been crashing a lot.
Usually when I am doing a course it will crash. I’ll open it back and it will usually crash again.

Sometimes I can have a smooth session where it doesn’t happen but most the time it will crash once or twice while I’m reading.

What should I do ? (I am using iOS 11.1.1 and Lingq 4.3.5)

Hi 5coppock5,

Sorry you’re still having trouble with this. It looks to me from crash logs like you are having some problem when using the dictionary screen? Could you please email us via the app settings (open any settings → Home → Email) and we’ll try to get more details on the issue? Please let me know which language and dictionary you’re using also.

I am learning Chinese and using the “MDBG Chinese” dictionary.
The dictionary is great but apparently after using it causes a problem.

Thank you!

That’s funny, it never happens to me my software is running fine.

Are you using Iphone as well?

Yeah, I believe there is a problem with the dictionary I am using in Lingq.
I go to look up a word and when i go back to start reading …crash.

Its just a small little problem that I’m sure will be fixed in no time.

No i don’t really use the software because it’s always broken. The current problem is turning the page leads the system to randomly text-to-speech a random word on the page instead of actually turning the page, and then brings up a pop up box with the pronunciation on it.

Under the right guidance LingQ would have been far and away the biggest language learning tool on the planet by now. As it stands after 12 or whatever years basic features still break all the time.

“Under the right guidance LingQ would have been far and away the biggest language learning tool on the planet by now. As it stands after 12 or whatever years basic features still break all the time”.

Couldn’t have said it any better! If they sorted out all these small nuisance glitches and marketed their platform better, I think it would be so huge beyond belief!! It’s like a property that is just waiting to be renovated to the next level which could bring in huge profits. Glad I have my lifetime membership before that happens any how hehe! :smiley: