iPad, push notifications, and vocabulary

So I have been using the iPad for over a month now and I love it. I use it all the time. One thing that I have noticed about the iPad is that certain apps (if I let them) are able to send me ‘push notifications’. These are very small little messages that appear at the top of the screen for a second or two and then go away. To be honest, they don’t really annoy me, even though they do take my attention for a second or two away from what I am doing.

One thing that I would love to try out is setting my iPad to randomly send me vocabulary that I am learning. For example, maybe I could export a few hundred words from LingQ, and have then sent to me at random, with the English translation, during the day. Maybe one every 3 minutes or so.

The problem with this idea is that I have no idea how to set something like this up. Do innovative iPad users have any ideas?

There is no way to schedule push notifications yourself on the ipad, at the moment they are something the app developer (server side) has to have the app send to you.

It’s a good idea though, and makes me wonder if there might be some kind of ‘To Do’ or Calender app available, whereby the app will set up a series of notifications based on your notes.

Worth a search!

It would have to be one that is synced between my laptop and ipad because I am not going to enter in all that vocal into the iPad by hand.

Have you seen this? http://www.lingq.com/forum/46/17095/?page=1#post-120635

Thanks for the link. That is very interesting. It is not quite what I am looking for, but interesting.