"Importing Failed no Captions Found"

Same I have run into the same problem for spanish. And the link to my video is Vázquez Sounds - Entrevista + Luna (cover Zoé) + Something (cover The Beatles) + Phoenix - YouTube
Thank you!

im having the same issue now too

This problem has just started for me too, worked fine before :frowning:

Sorry guys, we are looking into it!

Should be fixed now.

Worked for me!

Same i have this issue. It won’t work for 【FULL】Fourtry2 EP01 PART 1 | 潮流合伙人2 | iQIYI - YouTube

That video you are trying to import doesn’t have available Chinese subtitles.

I’m having this problem on chrome, importing Cantonese. 超短行山路線⚡️靚景、打卡、航拍⛰3 Beginner Trails with GORGEOUS VIEW in Hong Kong👫新手簡單行山好去處📷 - YouTube
Here is an example video. It’s happened with a few videos.
But just a couple days ago it worked with another (same computer, same browser)

@jbfan88 I reported the issue to our team. We will get it fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

I am facing the same issue since 2 days. It was working fine before for me.
I hope it will be fixed soon :confused:

I’ve been having issues on YouTube but not other pages. YouTube says check internet connection. I have a feeling it’s on youtubes end. I hope they fix it soon.

We’ll get it fixed.

Is it possible (at least for now) that the browser tool can just upload the video to LingQ? Copying and pasting the subtitles from YT is really easy and what takes time is downloading the video and then uploading it here in LingQ.

On the import lesson page, under Resources tab, you will find the “Video” in dropdown. Then just copy-paste YouTube video URL in the top field and it will be added to a lesson.

Wow, I never knew about this function! I don’t know if this is in your tutorials but it’s obvious that I don’t watch them. jaja.

But this feature is enough for me. I think this is even better than the original. jaja. Because you can glance at the video and make this connection with the words. If you click a word, the video disappears but it takes you back to the last point. After a lesson you just manually input the minutes you’ve listened to. It is extra work but this is better than nothing.

Muchas gracias de verdad Zoran.

YouTube imports were all working perfectly until today (2021-Apr-30). Now I get the “No captions found” error for videos with auto-generated captions. I’m using chrome. Here is an example: How to Improve my Spanish and Become Fluent in Spanish | Cómo Mejorar mi español y hablar fluido - YouTube

Is this broken again? I was able to import the video using the tip below (thank you, zoran!) and manually paste in the transcript, but it’s much easier when the extension does it all for me. :slight_smile:

@Hiker303 Sorry to hear that. Did you noticed the issue with any other video?

I rebooted my computer and it’s working again, so it was on my end. In the future I will remember to try rebooting first, but anyway, all good now! :slight_smile: