Import YouTube videos into LingQ using the browser extension

If you want to select a whole sentence or a longer part of a whole sentence, click on the « complete text » button which you find in the upper part of the screen, above the text. There you can select and copy whole sentences, and more if you want. If you want to use the chosen sentences for review purposes, you could save them together in a new lesson.

Ahh…that is due to the formatting of the captions as Piotr suggests. You would have to edit the lessons and remove the funny spacing between the two parts of the sentence you want to save.

I’m of course aware of manual way of dealing with this issue. It takes a whole lot time though and is not convenient at all. The solution I see would be connecting those lines together during leading data from YT. If that is possible, of course.

Another thing I found - I cannot jump from window with notifications directly to the forum as I do with lingQs of the day kind of notifications.

cheers

Unfortunately, we probably can’t do anything here. We aren’t able to tell when those breaks should be there and when they should be removed. I’m afraid you will have to manually edit lessons to LingQ phrases across lines in texts imported from youtube.

We will look into the issue with forum notifications. Thanks.

Amazing. Thank you Mark & LingQ Team!

thanks Mark

This is absolutely fantastic.Well done

Oh my stars! This is fantastic! I just tried it with my favourite Norwegian tv show, and it worked a treat! So glad that NRK adds Norwegian subtitles to so many of their shows. Now, if only I could do that with the full episodes and shows that are on their website. That would be living the dream!

Points to improve.
-I was doing a lesson, and when I click in one word to save it, I need to get back to the video manually.
-Another annoying point is my video keeps at the same spot always, so when I need to get back to the video, even if I’m at the minute 20, my start point is like 2 minutes of video, and I need to find out where I was.
Other than that, I’m pleased with this new feature. Thanks

This is fantastic and very exciting!

The video plays in the sidebar. It does have to stop to show the word information. Not much we can do there I’m afraid. As for the video, it should stop when you click on a word and then when you click back to the video it should start where it left off. Is this not happening for you? Which browser are you in?

It isn’t. I’m using google chrome. Today I was doing a 22 min lesson, and when I had to save one word, the video always kept starting from minute 2.

That does seem strange. That doesn’t happen for me and others that I’ve checked. Could you list the steps to reproduce this issue as detailed as possible. ie. 1. Start the video 2. click on a blue word . 3. choose a popular translation 4. Click the video button.

Exactly like you described. I’ll try to do another lesson later, to see if it will happen again.

I have a similar problem, although not every time I press a word. It seems it doesn’t save the time every time the youtube window closes. Browser Safari.

Hey Mark, I just did a lesson, and I had the same problem. When I click back in the video button, it’s not where I had stopped before.

but at least you can assign a shortcut like esc so that we can continue with video Because every time we clicked the unknown word, we need to go up the beginning of the page and manually we need to click the video icon and start to video again.

So, you can basically assign a shortcut combination button from keyboard to allow us to exit from the unknown words and continue with the video where we left.

Great stuff, thanks.

Can you please assign a shortcut like esc so that we can continue with video. Because every time we click the unknown word, we need to go up the beginning of the page and manually we need to click the video icon and start to video again.

So, the basic solution is that you can basically assign a shortcut combination button(lets sayctrl+b ) from keyboard to allow us to exit from the unknown words and continue with the video where we left.

I suggested it above, you can also try to pause and hide video player instead of deleting it and creating a new one.

As an example: Edit fiddle - JSFiddle - Code Playground