Imitating a language you do not speak

This is just a random thought and a question from me. I have absolutely zero knowledge of the khmer language spoken by Cambodians. There are many people near where I live that speak it, so I’ve heard it often. It really does sound like gibberish to me. However, I’ve heard enough of it where I can produce what to me sounds like gibberish. I can totally make up the sounds of what I’m hearing in my head and imitate it, which would obviously make no sense and definately would not even be words in their language. My question is what would it sound like to me, when someone who doesn’t understand a word of English, but has heard it so much, imitates it? Maybe, to me it would sound like german? Bizarre question but I’ve always wondered.

What do you think of Tamori’s languages?

http://tiny.cc/tamori
( - YouTube )

There are a bunch of youtube videos where people are speaking gibberish in the way they hear languages they don’t understand

I suppose what Tamori speaks does not make any sense. I am afraid that the above post might make some people feel embarrassed. Sorry.

We Japanese shouldn’t think that understanding foreign languages is not translating something in mother tangue.So imitating simple phrases is first step to languages, I think.

Sorry for mistakes…
We Japanese shouldn’t think that understanding foreign languages is translating something in mother tangue.So imitating simple phrases is first step to languages, I think.