iLingQ for iOS v2.4.1

Version 2.4.1 has now been pushed to the iTunes Store. Be sure to download this new version which includes the following:

• Fixed card status on iLingQ not syncing with card status on web app.
  • Different term statuses now show the same differences in yellow shading as on the web app.

If you run into any issues with the app be sure to let us know!

Hi Alex, thanks for the update. I still seem to have problems with the app crashing when my iPhone loses it’s internet connection. It happens at the end of a lesson, presumably when it’s trying to update the listen count on the server. If it’s not possible to get to the bottom of what is causing the crash, it would be great if the app could remember which lesson in a playlist it was on. That way I could restart the app and carry on where I left off, which would make things much less frustrating. Apart from this issue I’m finding the app really useful!

Thanks for the update. This app has so far been by far the most useful tool as I struggle to get started with Russian. (My Assimil lies sofar untouched on my desk.)

@neofight78 - Thanks for the report. We’re looking into some better ways to handle offline usage of the app, so please stay tuned for updates.

@ColinPhilipJohnstone - Glad to hear it :slight_smile: Portability is huge and is definitely something we want to continue to focus on.

Thanks for the info Alex. It’s not offline usage per se. It’s as I’m driving up the motorway to work there are a few spots where the network connection drops and the app is liable to crash. So it’s the sudden loss of signal rather than being offline completely that is the problem. Anyhow, I look forward to future developments…

The problem with the Assimil is that the text is in a book, and I can’t touch a word in a book, see an English translation, and have the word read to me by Google TTS!

@neofight78 - Ah, I see. What happens here is that the app is switching between online and offline mode, but it is actually a pretty complex operation from what I gather. As I mentioned above though, we will be continuing to look at ways to improve this and other aspects of the app.

@ColinPhilipJohnstone - It’s amazing how far technology has come, isn’t it? :slight_smile: