I have an idea for language aquizition and input on LingQ

I know that my idea won’t make it but i’ll write it anyways.(i also don’t think that it’s new)
Ok i’ll get straight to the point : could LingQ add a future which when you click on a word , instead of showing a translation , it would show a picture (Cause we learn better with pictures and also translation makes you slow in the language )

1 Like

That’s okay for many nouns but cloudy and subjective for many adjectives and nearly impossible for a lot of verbs without losing considerable nuance.

Ex. ponder, reflect, consider, risk, contradict, remind, recall, outdo, memorize, etc.

3 Likes

LingQ doesn’t do that but you can export to Anki and then add pictures to your deck if you like. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Basically, LingQ already has this picture function. You can choose Google Images as one of your dictionaries. Then you will see a picture related to the word. You can’t save it, though, as your definition.

5 Likes

Yeah but google images suck and i meant something that would be more in depth , eg. Showing a timeline for the verbs , or for learning an adjective , the opposite too…

Right but at that level they could just use a target language to target language ductionary…