Hungarian

@Steve,
Never mind. I don’t think you did something wrong. If you uploaded the file, it should be processed automatically, I suppose. Probably your file is too big or too complicated for the system to handle.

@steve - It sounds like the encoding of your destination file might be incorrect but it is hard to say. You said you found the file on the internet somewhere? I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro so if you send me a link, I can try to save it as a text document for you.

On a somewhat related note, I’m curious as to which countries have the most active users on LingQ where that country’s most common spoken language isn’t offered on LingQ? It seems like those languages would be prime candidates as a new beta language since there would be more potential lesson providers.

Speaking of lesson providers, there might be more people providing lessons if potential lesson providers were helped along the way a bit more. Aside from the LingQ beginner lessons (Who is she, etc) the library seems to be almost entirely filled with personal blogs. That is nice and appreciated but what about users that don’t want to write a personal blog but are interested in providing lessons? As for myself, I wouldn’t know where to begin.

Here is the file, the book. Anything you do would be greatly appreciated.

http://ia601505.us.archive.org/10/items/Camil_Petrescu-Ultima_noapte_de_dragoste_intiia_noapte_de_razboi.pdf/Camil_Petrescu-Ultima_noapte_de_dragoste_intiia_noapte_de_razboi_text.pdf

Re beta languages, the languages of the main countries where LingQ is popular are already on LingQ with the exception of Lithuania.

As to lesson content, anything goes. A diary, a discussion with a friend, a recording of articles in Wikpedia (we have permission), your views on what is happeningin the world, or even a recording of some of the posts on some of the threads here at our Forum.

Steve, Have you ever met Barry Farber? He was a radio talk show host of the 60’s who was also a prominent language learner. I think his method was fairly similar to yours in a low tech sort of way. Pardon me if this reply is out of place. I just registered (been studying Spanish, Russian, German and Mandarin with only so much success) and haven’t figured out how to get around yet.

I have heard the name but don’t know much. Please don’t feel bashful about asking questions about how to use the site here on the forum. Welcome!

@steve - I just sent an email with the converted text to the one listed in your profile.

Wow! Thanks, you have made my day. I am going to load it all up into My Imports and will have lots to read and listen to on my way to Romania. Many thanks.

Glad I could help.