How to obtain greater control over selection of Chinese characters to save as LingQs compounds?

I often find that in an imported lesson in Chinese I cannot save the terms I wish to save. The site decides which combinations of characters are compounds. For example, new history book appears in one imported lesson as 新历 史书. The LingQ site wishes to save either the first two characters as a compound or the second two characters as a compound or it will save all four characters as a compound. But I wish to save 历 史书 as the word for “history book” and I can’t do it. Whenever I try to highlight the three characters, LingQ grabs all four of them. Is there a trick I’m missing?
Thanks.

I have the same problem. I usually click the edit button and manually separate the characters that are not correctly grouped; then I save and voilà. Though I don´t know if there is an easier way to do that with the whole text.

Thanks, brunort6. That’s a good workaround.

@bmaclean - We would like to enhance this in the future, but for now you would be best to follow brunort6’s suggestion for your own private lessons.

It’s extra work, but for private use only, one could also copy the text from a publicly shared lesson and paste into the blank text section on the import page…then separate the characters manually into compounds etc… Perhaps then include ‘my edit’ in title line, & keep version for private use. Simply upload the sound file from your downloaded copy…

You may have to re-edit and put in extra spaces once you check the saved version, to get the new blue words to split correctly.