How to navigate inside a course?

After 10+ years of using LingQ I cannot understand how to move to a previous lesson in a course.
An old version of my Android App worked perfect offline. I used to open some lessons to keep them in cache and navigate between them back and forth. Unfortunately the App was updated today without my permission.
Now I have no idea how to find a previous lesson in a middle of a couse with a hundred lessons.

I also have no idea how to find any lesson which I’ve not yet read. Why do I see lessons for beginners having 90k+ known words? The search page looks useless. How can I find courses which are new for me?

1. Now I have no idea how to find a previous lesson in a middle of a couse with a hundred lessons.

If you are in a lesson currently, click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner. You’ll see < title of course > and some menu items. Click the < to go to the previous lesson, click > to go to the next lesson.

You can also go to the course by clicking “lesson info” from that same menu, scroll down to the “Course” in the new window and click on the course. That will give the Course and all the lessons of that course. So you can navigate the course that way as well.

If you are not in a lesson, the “Continue Studying” area should be near the top if you are on “Library”. Go into the lesson you last did and do the above. Or you Can click on “Courses” instead of "Lessons and go into the course itself and select a lesson.

1. I also have no idea how to find any lesson which I’ve not yet read. Why do I see lessons for beginners having 90k+ known words? The search page looks useless. How can I find courses which are new for me?

From the Library, click on the “gear” icon on the upper right. There you can filter to appropriate level. The default is probably wide open from Beginner to Advanced. The library is divided into categories. Anything you haven’t read won’t have a green progress bar. Whether you find the categories useful or not, you’ll have to decide for yourself. Personally, I’ve mostly always imported the content I want to read so I may not be very attuned to how well any of this works.

3 Likes

Thanks @ericb100 !

1 Like