How to lingq phrases in desktop

How to LingQ phrases in the desktop site of LingQ?
I can LingQ words by selecting the word and selecting the number. However there is no clear way to LingQ a phrase. When I drag and select the phrase, nothing happens.

Yes, you need to click and drag to select and save a phrase. Keep in mind that you can highlight and save a maximum of 9 words at once.

Here is the screenshot. Three words are selected. They are visible on the LingQ area. What is the next step to actually create this Ligq?

That looks like a bug, we will investigate the problem.

1 Like

Yes, I have the same issue today.

I am having the same problem. It works on the android app, but not in Chrome on my MacBook.

I have not experienced a problem making lingQs of several words together, using Edge on my desktop (Polish, Spanish, Chinese languages). I use that almost every day, no issues here.

I was looking for where to report the same issue. On MacBook using Chrome:

Version 117.0.5938.149 (Official Build) (arm64)

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 13.33.21

However many words I select I get the same message.

1 Like

@jamespratt

You can’t LingQ that phrase because it has sentence ending punctuation (Which separates the lines as different sentences).

You can use my free extension to create longer multi line lingqs

I found the issue that was preventing people saving lingqs and how to be able to successfully select a phrase in the web version of the app and be able to save a lingq.

I uploaded a screen recording to youtube here.

It’ll take 40 minutes for youtube to process the uploaded video and make it available.

thanks @roosterburton . I found a work around for my issue as shown in video.

I do seem to be able to select across sentence boundaries even! The punctuation is not preserved in the linq though. @roosterburton

Yes, I have the same problem on Chrome Version 116.0.5845.110 (Official Build) (arm64)

1 Like

Thanks much! your video did the trick!

1 Like