How to highlight a phrase on 2 lines

Hello, I’m new here. I have a problem if I try to highlight a phrase, I can do it within 1 line of text, but if there is a phrase and one word is on one line and it continues on the second line, I simply can’t highlight it. Is there a keyboard shortcut or some other way than trying to drag with a mouse?

1 Like

Hi Kalrog,
You can select a first word in the phrase, then hold the shift and click on the last word in a phrase to select the entire phrase. Note that you can highlight maximum 9 words at once.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for the answer. It works for me to drag and highlight only some texts on 2 lines and many texts not - it seems it depends only on formatting of the text (like if the text would be just 1 paragraph or sentences one by one with no formatting, that would probably work, but if it’s imported book and lines are not so connected it is a problem). I have tested what you have suggested and it works only in the cases where also the highlighting with a mouse works. So unfortunately this doesn’t solve it for me. I think it is simply a bug to be fixed. :confused:

Ah, that’s also correct, you can’t highlight phrases accross two paragraphs. Unfortunately we are unable to check and control every user’s imports. You can send us a lesson link and we will do our best to fix the formatting.

1 Like

Oh alright :smiley: I will edit my book into 1 paragraph and import it again. Thank you ^^

1 Like

Can’t you edit your already existing lesson? Why do you want to import again?

1 Like

Unfortunately on the Android app you can’t highlight a phrase unless someone else has. Is this going to change and if so when?

You can actually highlight a phrase on the Android app too. To do that, just press and hold on a word and option to highlight a phrase will appear.

Either nothing happens (just a short vibration), or the standard Android options (like search, select all, copy, send) appear.
Android 6.0.1 on Xiaomi MI 3W, LingQ v. 4.5.1 (236)