How to confirm when LingQ is down (or not)

Here’s the website link I use:

2 Likes

Hard to say if that website is reliable. The LingQ.com front page and logged in page are separate. Pretty easy to set up, make a bot with credentials that queries a random database endpoint when you visit the islingqdown webpage.

2 Likes

Shown as down right now. Last couple of days it’s a mess

1 Like

As of 8:25am PST, Down For says that LingQ.com is back up, which matches my experience. I hadn’t noticed any unusual flakiness of the website the last couple of days.

1 Like

Yes it shows being up again but it’s incredibly laggy for me loading anything. My connection is perfectly fine by the way.

1 Like

@gmeyer it was down for maintenance as a message was displaying it, plus a message on X.

My best way is to check on X if they send a message. I’m encouraging them to write these stuff on X, or eventually here. It’s a good and fast way for us to alert them if there is a problem as well.

1 Like

Transparency on social media accounts is definitely one best practice.

Another interesting one concerns maintenance pages, such as discussed here along with related aspects:

An interesting thing LingQ ought to consider is automatically no impact to users’ streaks on days they have outages.

2 Likes