How old are young lingQers?

I’m 13

I’m 20 right here!

I’m currently 16 =) and learning a language doesn’t require a specific age, Just a strong will !

I’m 18 years old.

Steve how old are you? hehe

I am impressed by the number of young LingQers. Anyone at LingQ is young by definition, including me.

why do u think so , Steve ??

There are really a lot of young people studying here at LingQ! Are you all learning multiple languages or focusing on one?

How old is “young”? I just turned 17. I am mainly focusing on Russian (as it’s been a dream to speak it fluently) but I also dabble a bit in Swedish.

I am just learning French… or trying too. But i do “flirt” with others… sorry French I have been cheating on you…

No but seriously I have just focused on one, it’s easier that way… but learning two at once also has it’s positives.

Vanessa started with English last year. After the summer holidays she’ll start with French too. Simply, because it’s requested in her school. I pay for her membership because I think it is a good investment.

@Adalbertolito
“Ours is not to reason why, ours is to do or die…”

Try to think of that.

We didn’t make the rules…

@ Ashton

I know…it was 4 billion years of evolution that did. Still, in Italian, we don’t say literally “How old are you?”, instead we say [rough literal translation]

“What age do you have?” [“Che età hai?”]

or “How many years do you have?” [“Quanti anni hai?”]

To me, it sounds more optimistic.

i know what you mean

25 years old. I hope my language abilities will grow up as old as my age.

I’m struggling with Russian alphabet. Maybe I am not destined to learn Russian. I’m 21 years old, and finishing my English studies. I want to focus on a new language, but still not sure which one…

I am 28, but I have the body of a 40 year old and the mental age of a 15 year old.

10 on 2011. 2014…13. (For delete if you will try again. j;-)

28 is the new 15 anyway.

You seem to have also the patience of Job, since you dug out a very old thread!

Actually it was Vera. She was doing some sort of test for deleting comments. I don’t know why she picked this thread.