How much do you know about 들?

I’ve created a 20–30-minute interactive activity to teach Korean learners about the Korean plural 들 as part of my research on language acquisition. Anyone from beginner to advanced learners can participate, as it includes some of the less common uses of 들 that aren’t usually taught in textbooks. It’s basically a slightly longer Duolingo lesson, you earn points and get to see your score (hopefully) improve. So if you’d like to possibly improve your Korean, learn more about (sort of niche) Korean grammar, and/or participate in linguistics research, you can check it out below.

Participants must be:
–18 years or older

–a native English speaker & not fluent in languages other than English/Korean (sorry, this is a variable I have to control for in language acquisition ㅠㅠ)

–able to read simple sentences in 한글

Link: https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/8C47B544-3F8F-4BB4-B2FE-B3D1666D925C

Apart from being a linguistics student, I’m also a Korean learner myself, and while developing this study I’ve also learned more about 들 than any one person needs to know. So if anyone just wants to answer the title question at face value that would also be cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some of us might not qualify but still would be interested in finding out more about 들. Would we be able to go through the activity/lesson without participating in the research?

1 Like

Hi!
Thank you so much for your interest in my study! Unfortunately at this time only participants who meet the criteria are able to participate due to the limitations/setup of the platform I’m using to collect the data (Gorilla), which is required by my school. If there is interest though, I can look into moving it to another platform once the study is closed in a few weeks :slight_smile: I’ve learned more about 들 than anyone really needs to know over the past few months, so it would be cool to be able to share/discuss it with more people!

2 Likes

Hi. Please subscribe my channel: https://www.youtube.com/@languagesonyoutube

1 Like