How do I save a scan from my phone?

I am trying to import Japanese text from a book I own. The scanner will scan the pages and convert it to text on the screen, but I can’t find a way of actually saving it?

I want to save it as an imported lesson so I can review all the words. Is there a way to save this? It seems like this would be a simple task but I can’t find an option for it for some reason.

1 Like

I am wondering if there’s a bug in the latest iOS version of Lingq which I see as 5.5.1 and perhaps in connection with the latest iOS which I see as 17.3.1. I don’t use the scan feature but I do very often share a YouTube with the app in order to import the YouTube into Lingq. This has always worked flawlessly, but at this moment it never presents a button to save (shown below). The dialog shows everything is ready to import, but no way to continue from there.

I have made sure I’m on the latest Lingq available from the App store and even rebooted my iPhone.

1 Like

Sorry about that, it’s a bug. We will push a fix shortly.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Thanks very much for that, and thanks for the response, zoran.

1 Like

It’s fixed now. Please update the app to the latest version.

Is this a new feature? And if so, is it only Apple? I haven’t seen anything like this on Android. Asking because this sounds like a very useful feature if I’m understanding correctly.

Yes, for now it’s on iOS app only.

2 Likes