How do I pause a lesson?

What I mean is, how can I link some items but not all, study a different lesson, and later go back to the first lesson? The way it is now, if I leave a lesson without linking everything, the site will assume that I know all the blue words (when I don’t), and this messes up every future lesson because it thinks I know words I don’t. I need to be able to switch back and forth between lessons easily. Thanks!

Don’t worry - you can switch back and forth between lessons as much as you like. I assume you might be referring to the popup that appears when you leave a lesson asking you to click the LingQ’d button. However, words won’t be added to your Known Words total unless you actually click the LingQ’d button on the right hand side or on the button in the popup. The popup is to serve as a reminder, but if you want you can tell it to not show the popup anymore and then only click on the LingQ’d button when you have completed the lesson.

Oh, thank you. I don’t know why I thought it was the other way around. Thanks for answering a newbie question.