How can i mark german compound verbs?

For example: Wenn du etwas nicht verstehst, frage im Forum nach!

I want add lingQ for “frage nach” not for all phrase.

Стив Кауфман предлагает решение для английских “phrasal verbs”. Я думаю, что можно делать то же самое для немецких глаголов.

Sorry, that’s not possible to do. You have to save the whole phrase. You can create a LingQ for the compound verb on the Vocabulary page. Click the import vocabulary button and type it in. Just open it up in a new tab if you are going to create a few of these so you don’t have to jump back and forth.

Стив рекомендует учить предложениями, но для этого нужно понимать точный перевод. Перевод предложения в google translate, который использует LingQ очень приблизительный, зачастую теряется смысл этих фразовых глаголов.

Разница между английским и немецким языков в том, что английском языке вы можете выделить просто два слова подряд, например “find out” и получить перевод, добавить его как LingQ и дальше если хотите, добавить всю фразу…

В сложносочиненных же немецких предложениях, где есть запятая, как в примере: Wenn du etwas nicht verstehst, frage im Forum nach! Я не могу выделить “frage nach”, так как они находятся в разных местах предложения! Бывает что между словами десятки других слов. Перевод такого предложения на русский не совсем корректный, например https://translate.google.ru/#auto/ru/Wenn%20du%20etwas%20nicht%20verstehst%2C%20frage%20im%20Forum%20nach! тут переводит так:

“Если вы не понимаете что-то, попросите форум!”

Я бы перевел так:

“Если тебе что-то не понятно, то спроси на форуме!”

При этом гугл знает правильный перевод nachfragen: https://translate.google.ru/#auto/ru/nachfragen

В общем, проблемы две:

1. Перевести правильно, чтобы понять нюанс смысла составного глагола.

2. Добавить такой глагол с препозицией как lingQ

Добавлять и учить всё предложение не является решением, так как перевод всегда некорректный.

Сейчас, в таких случаях я просто смотрю перевод отдельно в каком-нибудь словаре или просто пропускаю слово. В немецком языке таких слов намного больше чем в английском…

Решение мне видится простое - сделать чтобы при нажатии CTRL можно было бы выделить два любых слова в предложении. Это бы решило всю проблему. Но возможно технически это сложно реализовать…

It doesn’t work, if the sentence is too long and the Germans love the long sentences a lot. It should be fixed. As is studying German on LingQ is not very useful.

I agree with you!

It’s not obvious how best to deal with those kinds of verbs in German. While important, they are a relatively minor element of German. I understand you want to learn them and recommend creating LingQs for them on the Vocabulary page. Then, you can tag these LingQs with a compound verb tag and review them together using the activities.

Somewhen we used the paper dictionaries, and it was a long time to look up the new word.
The online dictionaries increased the speed of the process.
But we became a bit lazy with all these ‘hints’.
We can for example in the setnence: Ich stehe jeden Tag um 7 Uhr auf - to press ‘stehen’ and then add the prefix ‘auf’- and the online dictionary gives the translation ‘to get up’.
It’s longer, but you sooner remember such translation than just use the ready hint IMO.

Yeah, but the main benefit of the system is built on this. Otherwise the system would lose it’s unique selling proposition. The hints speed up the learning process, so we read more, enjoy the process and learn.

If someone asks me what Lingq sells? I say, it’s the reading interface. If you guys fix this, I am pretty sure that the Lingq will be the best platform for German lerners.