Hindi

Is anyone else interested in trying to get Hindi supported as a beta language? It’s a language I’ve wanted to start for a long time, and I want to see it on Lingq too! Just a thought.

2 Likes

Yes, please add Hindi.

It’s going to be a long time for hindi to be added on Lingq, so in the mean time you can learn with another reason(For example: Teach yourself Hindi or Living Language Spoken world Hindi. I have teach yourself Hindi and I don’t regret buying it. It’s a very good course.)

That’s sad! I’ve grown quite fond of LingQ, and feel as if it’s really helping me unlock my learning potential. Thank you for the advice though. For now, I am focusing on the three languages I already have bases in, with the goal of reaching a high B2+ in all three before starting something new. But when I get around to Hindi in a year or two I will keep that in mind! :slight_smile:

I just found this looking up forum posts about Hindi, and I completely agree. There was a Facebook poll many years ago on which language should be added next, and Hindi won by a large margin, if I recall correctly, but it wasn’t added due to unspecified “technical issues”.

I really don’t understand why there would be any issues, though. The Unicode encoding of Hindi is just as simple as the Latin alphabet; the ligatures are handled client-side by the browser.