Hindi (Or, Speech on the Internet)

If anyone here learns Hindi, then you can answer this specifically if you’d like. Otherwise, it can be more general as I’m sure other languages have the same problem.

Basically, I’m at an upper beginner’s level in Hindi. I’ve been looking around for some forums to lurk and eventually post on, but I notice that a lot of the ones I find are full of one or more of the following:
a) Hindi but written in the Latin alphabet
b) English with tons of Hindi touches or Hindi with tons of Hindi touches

I’m having a really difficult time finding forums about every day topics that a teenager can relate to but that are written in somewhat standard Hindi.

Also, a lot of the native Hindi speakers I meet do not want to talk in Hindi, but always English. I suppose it is because I need more practice but I’m not used to this. Usually people are willing to engage in conversations for at least a little while.

It’s a bit discouraging but the pool of Hindi speakers is huge so I know what I’m looking for is out there somewhere. I just might have a lot of trouble finding it.

Anyway, feel free to post anything related. Maybe I was just ranting.

b) English with tons of Hindi touches or Hindi with tons of English touches, I meant.
Hindi with Hindi touches would be fine. :slight_smile:

Talk to me in hindhi. You will pick up something just out of listening to me silently. You should watch small snippets of bollywood movies on YouTube even though you don’t understand. Everday some words will start making sense to you. Have patience and put in the time

It’s hard to navigate around the internet at upper beginner level. I expect with more skill and experience you will find what you’re after. In the meantime, maybe an e-mail buddy?

Great the you’re learning Hindi. I cannot chat to you but here’s an advice :
Hindi is not that easy. Most people feel discouraged because of its script but it is one of the most beautiful scripts. Even I, a native Hindi and Malayalam speaker, have difficulties with its grammar. Mostly because of the ‘Ling’ (gender) and ‘Kaal’ (Tense). But learning Hindi is worth all the difficulties. It opens up the great country of India. So, if you really love the language, learn it with your heart and soul. You’ll succeed. All the best!

Translation in Hindi:
बढ़िया आप हिन्दी सीख रहे हैं मैं तुम्हें करने के लिए बातचीत नहीं है, लेकिन यहाँ एक सलाह है.
हिन्दी आसान नहीं है. अधिकांश लोगों को अपनी लिपि की वजह से निराश महसूस करते हैं, लेकिन यह एक सबसे सुंदर लिपियों मैं भी, एक देशी हिन्दी और मलयालम वक्ता, इसका व्याकरण के साथ कठिनाइयों है. ज्यादातर ‘लिंग’ (लिंग) की वजह से है. और ‘काल’ (काल) लेकिन हिंदी सीखने. सभी कठिनाइयों के लायक है यह भारत की महान देश को खोलता है. तो, अगर आप वास्तव में भाषा से प्यार है, यह अपने दिल और आत्मा के साथ सीखना आप सफल होगा.
जय हिंद!!!