HI, I would like to know when workdesk is used? what are the most typical occasions when that word is used? thank you

HI, I would like to know when workdesk is used? what are the most typical occasions when that word is used? thank you

Hi, I’ve never used the word workdesk. I just asked my wife who’s a writer and she agrees. Workdesk is something we don’t say in the US. We only say desk. ( I suppose we assume that work will be done on the desk. That said, we probably determine what type of work will be done on the desk based upon the context in which the word is used.)

I hope that helps.

I have used the word work desk before. mostly when you are trying to differentiate between locations i think. mainly if you have a dedicated workspace, or more than one desk. “can you put that on my work desk?” can also be “can you put that on my desk” though

Its not very common, but I would use the phrase “work desk” to differentiate between 2 desks in my house. The one in the office is a “work desk” the one in the spare bedroom is just a “hobby desk” but I think it would be 2 words. (Im in the UK)