Getting internal errors creating lingqs

I’m getting more internal errors recently while creating lingqs. It typically happens after I try to search a dictionary or try to change a word’s status etc. When this happens the page becomes partially unresponsive, and sometimes after a long wait an internal error will show up.

I used to run into this issue every once in a while, but now it can happen up to 5 or 6 times in an hour.

I’m using Chrome 25.0 on OS X 10.8.3.

@derekhyang - When this happens, would you be able to open up the error console (View > Developer > JavaScript Console) and take a screenshot? This should help us to better understand why this might be happening.

@alex - Sure. I’ll do that next time the problem occurs.

I get a similar error. Unfortunately my laptop (a mac) has an old operating system (OS 10.5.8) and cannot run the newer versions of Firefox. Therefore, I use an old version of Firefox (3.6.17) and LingQ does not work on it very well, though I have a newer Firefox on my work computer and everything functions great. On my laptop, I use OmniWeb (5.11.2). Everything works except for changing the statuses of LingQs where I get an internal error (a little box appears with the words ‘Internal error.[object Object]’). The LingQ status changes in the window that I do it in, but when I refresh the screen, the status is back to what it was before.

I didn’t think it was important to report before because it is just a problem when I use old or weird browsers. I should update my operating system.

This is a screenshot of what happens when I try to click on one of the suggested meanings of a selected word while the page seems partially unresponsive. I’m not sure if this is exactly the same internal error problem (it appears to be a bit different):

I need to reload the whole page in order to have it working.

@ColinPhilipJohnstone - I don’t think the problem relates to using an old OS or browser. Mine is pretty much the latest, and it runs on a super-powerful MBP.

I don’t think your problem relates to using an old browser, but I think mine does.

Here is a screenshot of an internal error happened to me just now:

@derekhyang - Thanks for the screenshots – we’ll take a look into this and see what we can find out.

@ColinPhilipJohnstone - Do you get the same errors on Safari? OmniWeb isn’t a browser we support, but it would be helpful to know if the same issue appears in these other browsers. Also, is there a reason you haven’t updated to Firefox 3.6.28? (download link here: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.6.28/mac/en-US/Firefox%203.6.28.dmg)

Thanks for the response Alex. My operating system is out of date, so I cannot run the newest Firefox. I might be able to find a version between the one I have and the newest one and see if the website works well on it. On the version of Firefox that I have, I cannot LingQ words. When the thing on the right (the dashboard perhaps?) is small, I get the user hints when I float my mouse over a blue word, but I cannot create a LingQ. When the thing on the right is big, selecting a word does nothing, I get no user hints or option to search the dictionary. This is not just a problem with using LingQ. I found I could not use Memrise.com properly on this version of the browser, and many other websites have problems.

With Omniweb, everything works exactly as it should except the changing of LingQ statuses.

I have not tried with Safari, but I will give it a shot when I get home. I have also tried a few other non-main stream browsers, and none of the ones I have tried work properly with the reading interface.

@all - Just a heads up that any issues here should be fixed in our next update.

@alex - Cool. I’m looking forward to the next update!