Getting internal errors creating lingqs

I’m getting more internal errors recently while creating lingqs. It typically happens after I try to search a dictionary or try to change a word’s status etc. When this happens the page becomes partially unresponsive, and sometimes after a long wait an internal error will show up.

I used to run into this issue every once in a while, but now it can happen up to 5 or 6 times in an hour.

I’m using Chrome 25.0 on OS X 10.8.3.

@derekhyang - When this happens, would you be able to open up the error console (View > Developer > JavaScript Console) and take a screenshot? This should help us to better understand why this might be happening.

@alex - Sure. I’ll do that next time the problem occurs.

I get a similar error. Unfortunately my laptop (a mac) has an old operating system (OS 10.5.8) and cannot run the newer versions of Firefox. Therefore, I use an old version of Firefox (3.6.17) and LingQ does not work on it very well, though I have a newer Firefox on my work computer and everything functions great. On my laptop, I use OmniWeb (5.11.2). Everything works except for changing the statuses of LingQs where I get an internal error (a little box appears with the words ‘Internal error.[object Object]’). The LingQ status changes in the window that I do it in, but when I refresh the screen, the status is back to what it was before.

I didn’t think it was important to report before because it is just a problem when I use old or weird browsers. I should update my operating system.

This is a screenshot of what happens when I try to click on one of the suggested meanings of a selected word while the page seems partially unresponsive. I’m not sure if this is exactly the same internal error problem (it appears to be a bit different):

I need to reload the whole page in order to have it working.

@ColinPhilipJohnstone - I don’t think the problem relates to using an old OS or browser. Mine is pretty much the latest, and it runs on a super-powerful MBP.

I don’t think your problem relates to using an old browser, but I think mine does.

Here is a screenshot of an internal error happened to me just now:

@derekhyang - Thanks for the screenshots – we’ll take a look into this and see what we can find out.

@ColinPhilipJohnstone - Do you get the same errors on Safari? OmniWeb isn’t a browser we support, but it would be helpful to know if the same issue appears in these other browsers. Also, is there a reason you haven’t updated to Firefox 3.6.28? (download link here:

Thanks for the response Alex. My operating system is out of date, so I cannot run the newest Firefox. I might be able to find a version between the one I have and the newest one and see if the website works well on it. On the version of Firefox that I have, I cannot LingQ words. When the thing on the right (the dashboard perhaps?) is small, I get the user hints when I float my mouse over a blue word, but I cannot create a LingQ. When the thing on the right is big, selecting a word does nothing, I get no user hints or option to search the dictionary. This is not just a problem with using LingQ. I found I could not use properly on this version of the browser, and many other websites have problems.

With Omniweb, everything works exactly as it should except the changing of LingQ statuses.

I have not tried with Safari, but I will give it a shot when I get home. I have also tried a few other non-main stream browsers, and none of the ones I have tried work properly with the reading interface.

@all - Just a heads up that any issues here should be fixed in our next update.

@alex - Cool. I’m looking forward to the next update!