I have noticed a small problem. Whenever I look up words in dict.cc while reading a document, if the word has an umlaut (ö, ä, or ü) in it, I get an error on the page. The error is
Error: Problem with character encoding.
Please try dict.cc | würden | English Dictionary
When I click on the link, it takes me to the correct page. I don’t know if this is a problem on the LingQ side or on the dict.cc side.
I don’t know which browser you are using but you should check the character set that you use. I use Western ISO.
In Firefox you’ll find it in the settings where you choose the font in the enhancements. Sorry I don’t know the English expressions that Firefox uses. I hope this helps.
Good point Vera. I was using a up to date version of Firefox that otherwise works perfectly on LingQ and never had this problem in the past. I just tried it with a different browser and it seems that there is no problemo.