German newspapers in audio?

I want to work on my German over the next little while. I wonder if there are newspapers with podcasts. I am looking for news and interviews and articles on current events and history, with audio and text. I would like advanced content directed at native speakers. Does anyone have any ideas?

Steve,

Have you checked out Deutsche Welle’s offerings? Their Top Thema mit Vokabeln is quite good. Dradio.de also has lots of interviews / articles with full transcripts.

Thanks Josh. I have checked out both sites and find them confusing. I do not need work sheets or word lists but just content aimed at native speakers. Vera suggested the Dradio.de site which looks excellent but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download the audio. I cannot download the files, and I seem unable to subscribe to the RSS feeds even when I click on the links they recommend in their explanations. I am kind of stuck. I am on the wrong side of the digital divide I guess.

Themenpodcast Bildung und Wissenschaft

Der Themenpodcast “Bildung und Wissenschaft” bietet täglich neue Beiträge zum Herunterladen und Mitnehmen für den MP3-Player. Er speist sich aus Beiträgen der Sendungen Forschung Aktuell, Wissenschaft im Brennpunkt, Campus & Karriere sowie Studiozeit - Aus Kultur- und Sozialwissenschaften.

Wenn Sie das Programm “iTunes” verwenden, können Sie den Podcast als Abo per Mausklick beziehen. Dabei öffnet sich iTunes, lädt den Podcast und bietet bereits eine oder mehere Dateien zur Wiedergabe an.

Für Hörer, die einen anderen Podcatcher bzw. RSS-Reader verwenden, gibt es das Abonnement unter folgenden Adressen. Wir empfehlen, zuvor die Lektüre unserer Schritt-für-Schritt-Anleitung:

1. Standard-Podcast für die RSS-Reader “Sage”, “Firefox”, “NetNewsWire”, “aKregator”, “Thunderbird” und “NewsMonster”:

www.dradio.de/rss/podcast/sendungen/wissenschaftundbildung/

1. Für die RSS-Reader “iTunes” und “amaroK” verwenden Sie bitte diese Adresse. Sie behebt ein Problem des Programms bei der Darstellung von Sonderzeichen.