Full stop of the forum!

@Vera - I don’t think flagging spammers will be very effective, it seems too slow to me. What we need is a fast way to delete the forum threads and the users accounts, as fast as they appear in the forum. Perhaps this way they get tired.

Fernanda, if you and I would flag the spammer as soon as we see the thread and flag the spammer, he would be blogged. That could work quite fast.

Unfortunately there is no automatically way to delete the forum threads. I do this manually and I have to be very attentive. I’ve deleted 6 more threads since my last post. I think if more users could help, it would be faster. Yesterday when I had dinner (30 minutes only!) 30 threads were generated. Other users were online at this time and could have stopped him. I get no notification that there is a new spammer. I have to refresh the forum all the time. This is very ineffetive. That is why I had the idea about the flag.

@Vera - perhaps I misunderstood your suggestion - if flagging users as spammers means they would automatically be blocked, that would be great. I thought flagging would just send a warning to the support people, and in that case it would be too slow.

I don’t mind helping delete forum threads - if the admins trust me enough to do that. I spend a lot of time on the computer or come here quite often.

My suggestion is not to give permission to one Premium member only. But if 2 or 3 paying members flags a member then he should be blogged.

I am sure there are a few more of us who’d be able/willing to help.

They should have given me the responsibility to delete the spam. I would happily spend my days deleting astrology.

The Astrological Association of Great Britain

I found the above site. Of course, I don’t know whether astrologers in India are the members of the association.

@Colin

Why? Aren’t astronomers and astrologers the same thing then??

(I just heard a roar of anguished pain and rage which reached all the way to here from Vienna! :-D)

@Prinz Normally, I would have given your last comment a rose, but it is Sunday and you are being mean :slight_smile:

I miss the spammers. They gave us a sense of unity and enabled us to form a community of unhappiness.

Anyone in Vienna reading this thread now knows what caused that thunder storm a few minutes ago!

Baba ji?

Spammer: vkshastri
Ask Your Tutor forum
Two spam posts

His or her posts were deleted (by someone).

Thank you Vera for your efforts moderating this weekend. We are going to figure out how best to deal with this issue on Monday. We very likely will want to enlist more of you to help us moderate these forums. Stay tuned.

It’s been a pleasure. As you know you can count on me!
It seems that we have stopped him now, but I guess it is sleeping time in India.

Even a spammer has to sleep sometime.
:slight_smile:

@ Mark: Next spammer: Login - LingQ I’ve deleted the threads. Please delete his account.

@Mark: Another one: Login - LingQ

Nice work Vera.

@Mark: Another one is Login - LingQ