Five Internal Errors in a Row

I don’t know if this bug is due to the recent changes to the LingQing sub-system, but sometimes, usually halfway through the activity of LingQing words in any given lesson, a Create New LingQ popup with no “Hint” field appears when I click on a new word, and the whole page freezes. If I refresh it Firefox returns 4 internal errors (related to LingQ), in addition to a fifth internal error returned by LingQ itself through a popup that resembles the one that shows when you save a LingQ with no associated phrase. I’m using the latest version of Firefox (9.0.1), and its cache memory is clear. The bug occurred also with Firefox 8.0.

UPDATE: The afore-mentioned bug also occurs when one does not use LingQ for a prolonged period of time (such as 30 minutes). I’m not a developer, but I believe this second possibility may be due to the current session deleting itself after a period of inactivity.

The only way to make LingQ work again if the bug occurs (no matter how) is to restart Firefox.

There are a number of issues related to the last update and we are working to fix them.

Another problem is that introducing the SRS system places a great initial burden on the system since the date when each member saved a term has to be registered with the system. We expect that all will return to normal within a week or so.

Merry Christmas and best wishes to you and your family.