Finnish Content - Learn Finnish on LingQ!

Hi all,

Since the addition of Finnish onto LingQ in January, I’ve uploaded quite a few lessons into the library. The majority of these lessons are beginner lessons, and even most of the lessons that have been marked as intermediate are quite short, so it shouldn’t be TOO hard to work through them for those who have some knowledge of the language.

I’m not going to post links to the collections here, as it’s easy enough to find them in the library.

For anyone who would like to learn Finnish, but is worried that it’s too difficult, don’t be afraid! Almost all of the Beginner 1 and 2 lessons have English translations, and of course you’ve got the Forum to help you out with any other questions you might have. One thing that will work in your favour with Finnish is that a lot of words are quite logical, as they are just several words put together. For example, “computer” = “tietokone” (information|machine), “photo” = “valokuva” (light|picture) and “grammar” = “kielioppi” (language|learning).

If you have any feedback or suggestions, don’t hesitate to let me know or otherwise post a comment on the Forum.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Many thanks Peter, and I will get there one day!