Failed to transcribe lesson using whisper

Hi, I tried various mp3 files to transcribe/ generate lessons using whisper. But they all failed. I’m wondering if it’s a technical glitch? Thanks!

3 Likes

During the last hour I tried to transcribe some lessons, result: 1 successful, 10 failed so far.

1 Like

Can you please let me know if you still have the same problem now?

1 Like

I’ve tried again with 2 different mp3 files. Now they’re forever stuck in transcribing stage (5 hrs + as of now). But they didn’t say it failed, either. Any idea?

1 Like

I managed to transcribe a couple of videos by uploading their audio. Then I tried importing several youtube videos from the Chrome extension directly. None of them were successfully imported. I mean they do go in the queue of lessons being processed but then they fail. I think it doesn’t have to do with the chosen videos or with the Chrome extension itself. Maybe there’s something in the pipeline of the transcription system that fails. I waited many hours, but it failed at the end. This is a screenshot of the situation.

I hope you can do something about it. I have a lifetime subscription, I am patient and plan to use Lingq for long time even with this problem, even though I wish it will be solved soon, but others less patient than me, especially those without a lifetime subscription may want to cancel the subscription if Lingq doesn’t work as expected. The ability to import your own content for learning is a core functionality.

2 Likes

The AI transcription feature seems to be back to normal now! Thanks!

2 Likes

I am sorry to report that I still have problems instead. It is glitchy, it is very rare when it works for me. It doesn’t most of the times. I am wasting more time trying to use the function than creating content on my own. I hope the service will improve. I like Lingq, that’s why I care about it. I wanna keep using it.

1 Like

I have the same issue and I also have a lifetime subscription too.

The 1st file uploaded well, all the others failed.
Are you planning to fix this issue?

In addition. Is there any way I can create an srt file with another software and upload the mp3 file and srt separately?

Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting issues, everyone. I asked out team to check this again.

2 Likes