Extension: Rooster Reader for LINGQ - Autoscrolling LingQ Reader with translations

ROOSTER READER PREMIUM 166-168

IF YOU’RE LEARNING MULTIPLE LANGUAGES AND INTERESTED IN EFFICIENCY THEN THIS IS THE UPDATE FOR YOU

NEW FEATURES (FIREFOX BROWSER)

• Machine Translation tech from video tools
  • Multi Language Sentence Translations (up to 4)
  • Multi Language Word Translations (up to 4)
  • Translations Preferences - On Lesson Load/On Demand
  • Menu scaling for all menus
  • (Word/Translation languages don’t need to match. :skull: Learn with Afrikaans and Arabic word translations and Swedish and Chinese sentence translations if you want to. :skull::skull:)
  • Sentence translations are saved to LingQ for later use. (Word translations are generated every time)

1 Like

ROOSTER READER PREMIUM 168-171

Something new for Arabic learners

Enjoy 2 different sources of Latin Transliteration for Arabic words and also transliterated sentences. (Word transliteration is also available in Video Tools)
Note: Short vowels are not accounted for. These are more or less approximations.

Source 1

Source 2

1 Like

I downloaded the free Chrome extension and nothing happens.
I just see the standard scroller

1 Like

@arguros

Seems to be working for me

You might need to refresh the page

1 Like

Hi I have installed the free chrome extension. Nothing happens when I am in the lingq reader, or listening to and audio from it.

1 Like

Are you on the listen page? If not, you can access it here.

1 Like

Yes, I am. There is no change to it at all.

1 Like

You can follow this 30 second video to get the free version working

1 Like

It works now. Thanks.

1 Like

ROOSTER READER PREMIUM 172-174

Extended Definitions and Graphic Updates

Context Word Translations (from LingQ update) and User Preferred Dictionaries.

image_360

LingQed Phrase Highlighting (Finally)

New -> LingQed Initial Status
→ Change the initial status of LingQed words. (Does not need to be 1)

2 Likes

ROOSTER READER PREMIUM 175-179

Enhancements for Arabic, Belarusian, Ukrainian and Russian languages.

ARABIC
Arabic learners can now swap for the text for a diacritic version while being able to LingQ the original word.

Belarusian
Belarusian learners can now access Latin transliteration and a text to speech approximation. (Previously 0 available voices)

Ukrainian
Ukrainian learners can now access a version of the text with included stress marks while being able to LingQ the original word.

Russian
Russian learners can now access a version of the text with included stress marks while being able to LingQ the original word. An additional transliteration option has also been included.

RussianStress2

EXTRA FEATURES

Custom Font import by Word Status

Text To Speech for all Sentence and Word translations in the translation language on click

Ability to swap Text To Speech Voice to use a different language on demand

Custom colors for Sentence and Word Translations 2/3/4 (Firefox)

You can report any bugs or request a new feature by joining the MasterLingQ Discord or posting below.

2 Likes

Hi there! I installed this app but it doesnt show me any translations. Have I missed something? thanks

2 Likes

Hi mate, if you’re using the free version from the web store it uses the translation from the lesson. If your lesson has no translation you can generate one by clicking ‘show translation’ in the options menu of the standard LINGQ reader.

3 Likes

ROOSTER READER PREMIUM 180-185

Enhancements for Cantonese, Chinese, Khmer, Persian, Hebrew, Georgian, Macedonian, Hindi and Gujarati languages.

Cantonese - Yựtyựt Transliteration

Chinese - Zhuyin/Bopomofo Transliteration

Khmer - Latin Transliteration

Khmer

Persian - Latin Transliteration

Hebrew - Latin Transliteration

Georgian - Latin Transliteration

Macedonian - Latin Transliteration

Hindi - Latin Transliteration

Gujarati - Latin Transliteration

Transliterations also apply to Youtube and Netflix Tools. Other features and bug fixes not mentioned.

You can report any bugs or request a new feature by joining the MasterLingQ Discord or posting below.

2 Likes

Apparently not always the translation in “reader” works. sometimes it is 2 or 3 raws ahead. HAs someone else reported this? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks

2 Likes

That might be the case. Could you come on the discord and report the issue more thouroughly inside the Bug Tracker?

1 Like