Exotic mini stories languages

Чудесно, I vote strongly for this. Depending on what sort of recording equipment you have, I have access to at least one Bulgarian speaker in the UK who may be persuadable to do the recordings on my reasonably high-grade audio gear if you do the translations. (sorry if this is a patronising thing to offer, but I have noticed great variability in the audio quality on LingQ)

Problem with audio quality here at Lingq is that many lessons were recorded years ago, today any modern smartphone should be sufficient for a good quality recording.

Probably true, but there was a noticeable drop-off in quality between the first set of Dutch mini-stories and the second set, though I don’t know what gear was used in those cases.

I’d actually prefer to do the translations! My recording equipment isn’t too bad, but it’s not high-grade at all, so that would work out pretty well.

I don’t suppose there is any hope for Georgian? Not that I need another funny alphabet, but at least it’s written the right way :slight_smile:

Cool. Well I’ve got a servicable ADK small diaphragm condenser, pop shield and stand, and Logic, so if one of my friends is happy to do the talking, that will be great. Though out of curiosity, what doyou have to record with? Not much point in overcomplicating things if your gear is actually comparable to mine :slight_smile:

You mean left-to-right? Hey, how come we have Esperanto here, but we don’t have Classical Mayan, with its manifestly sensible zig-zagging column layout :stuck_out_tongue:

My humble microphone was just £5, so I guess it’s a no-brainer haha

Cool. Well let me know when you’ve done a set of translations, and I’ll try to line someone up to record them.

Could you give me your email address? I emailed Zoran, but I haven’t gotten a reply yet. Could you send me the lessons to be translated?

Please check your email now. I am sorry but I have more than 90 volunteers at the moment and sometimes I need 2-3 days to reply on email and assign stories to new volunteers. Please be patient. Thanks!

Hey, I’m native too. I just started teaching online Bulgarian a few weeks ago. But I’d like to contribute to the website too. How can I do that?

That would be awesome. I am sure Zoran will follow up or you can email him at Zoran at lingq dot com. Thank you for the kind offer. If we can get enough content in Bulgarian we can set it up as a Beta language here, and you can also teach on our platform. Let’s work together on this.

Where are you teaching Bulgarian?

I teach them online via Skype

Hi, I’d love to join Lingq to learn Bulgarian, find that I really need to use links to remember words I’ve seen in other contexts. It’s great that these stories will be translated. Is there anything that I can do now to use Lingq for Bulgarian? I have my Visa card in hand, ready to join!

Thanks.
Andrew

Unfortunately Bulgarian isn’t available yet. But we do have 20 Bulgarian Mini Stories translated until now and if we get more soon Bulgarian will be added to Beta.

Sorry, musicserver77, sorry Zoran, I’m working on editing Bulgarian audio this weekend; afraid I’ve been putting it off while I had a heavy load at work, but I will get there.

Thanks so much WinterShaker, I’m very excited about using Lingq to learn Bulgarian. I do have a book with CDs that I bought in Bulgaria but think the mini-stories a great idea, and I love the linking approach. So a heartfelt thank you, blagodarya ot surtse!

Okay. Bulgarian stories 21-35 have been edited, compressed, de-essed, noise gated and sent back to the translators for final comparison with the written text. Hopefully have something for you soon.