Error Message when importing YouTube videos

Was importing YouTube videos fine yesterday but today i tried both on firefox and chrome and received this error when attempting to import.

Error: Importing failed - ERROR: Unable to extract nsig function code (caused by RegexNotFoundError(u’Unable to extract Initial JS player n function name

7 Likes

Thanks for reporting!

As it does work fine by me, you might want to specify which video in question generated the problem as well as which version of the browser/which operating system, if the extension has all the permissions and well, if you have tried to remove it and install it once more.

1 Like

Reinstalling the extension worked for me

2 Likes

Perfect. That makes me really happy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s Happening the same problem with me, but only In French.
In English, German and Italian it’s working just fine.
Does it have something to do with the language???
I’ve tried a lot of videos, and all of them keeps Happening the same problem.

1 Like

I tried today and it seems to be working now.

1 Like

I am having similar issue from Chrome - have tried removing and readding the extension. Here is error message and link to YouTube video. Importing same videos work fine in Edge browser with extension.

Error: Importing failed - ERROR: Unable to extract nsig function code (caused by RegexNotFoundError(u’Unable to extract Initial JS player n function name

1 Like

I am now getting same error in Edge browser

1 Like

Same issue here. ARC browser with freshly re-installed Lingq extension

1 Like

Same problem with Chrome. Reinstalled and still not working.

Language Chinese.

Example video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAJCmXikcE4&ab_channel=ComprehensibleMandarin

1 Like

Problem here as well in Firefox.

1 Like

Same issue. Chrome. Language english. Now. Reinstalling don’t fix.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue in Chrome when trying to import videos in French.

1 Like

Sorry about that, everyone, we just pushed a fix for the mentioned issue.

2 Likes

I can confirm that now works. Did NOT need to remove extension and re-add – it just started working again.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you. Works fine for me now.

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the confirmation! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It appears that the YouTube import functionality is still not working properly. I can import videos if they have subtitles in the respective target language, but otherwise it takes hours just to tell me that the import hasn’t succeeded. :frowning:

What browser/extension are you using?

1 Like

I am using Google Chrome under Windows 10. I import lessons via the LingQ extension. My other extensions are:

• AdBlocker Ultimate
  • DownThemAll!
  • Google Dictionary
  • Google Docs Offline
  • Privacy Badger

The video I’d tried to import does have several subtitles, but not in the language the video is in, so maybe that is confusing the algorithm?!