Eric Blair's Twitter site

I began following Eric Blair’s Twitter site–orwell_1984. He was born in 1903, so he has been dead for more than a hundred years.
http://twitter.com/orwell_1984

Errata:
I began following Eric Blair’s Twitter site–orwell_1984. He was born in 1903, so he would be more than a hundred years old.

Thank you, SanneT.

Thank you, the real SanneT.

@ytk031
I am interested to know your interim report about Twitter and Wall. Unfortunately I have not been a successful Twitter(er) so far.

Twitter:

1. You can erase your messages.
  2. You need not show messages sent from other members on your profile page.
  3. You can send direct messages, if they are following you and you are following them.
  4. There are a lot of interesting people, such as 谷川俊太郎, Eric Blair(bot), President Obama, and 正岡子規(bot).

The wall function at LingQ:

1. You cannot erase your messages.
  2. You cannot reject messages on your wall sent from other members.
  3. You cannot send a direct message via the wall function.
  4. There are a lot of people who have a serious interest in learning languages, and some of them are trying to master more than two foreign languages.

Twitter:

Your ID is used as social capital and sold to the highest bidder.

LingQ:

Your ID is only used to enhance the community that you have chosen to belong to.

It goes without saying that social capital cannot be exchanged in such a way that monetary capital can be exchanged.

I wonder if we should worry about who are going to buy the following Twitter ID.
http://twitter.com/LingQ_Central

Who is going to buy Steve’s ID?
http://twitter.com/lingosteve

→ I wonder if we should worry about who IS going to buy the following Twitter ID.

@ytk031

Thank you for your interim report.
As a receiver of information I am enjoying that fact that twitter is more interesting and useful than I originally expected.
The trouble is that I have very few things to tweet about.

Eric Blairや谷川俊太郎さんのサイトも教えていただきありがとうございました。

Yutaka, LingQ is a language site, twitter is a mass communication tool. I’m not sure why you are comparing the two sites. Twitter only does communication therefore they are going to do it very well. We added a wall because we had many requests to enable some way within LingQ for members to communicate. It was done very simply with limited functionality because we are more focused on our functionality for language learning. We will improve it when we have time.

Twittermania :slight_smile:

I didn’t like the social networking websites.

@Nasir
You say you DID not like social networking services; I would say I DO not like social networking services, for example, Facebook. Anyway, are you really “Twittermania[sic]” or a Twitter maniac?

I used most of them. That is why I didn’t like :slight_smile:

@mark
I think I know the difference of “purposes” between LingQ and Twitter. Thank you for your comment.

@Nasir
What do you think of “1984” by George Orwell, whose real name was Eric Blair? Do you want to live in an Orwellian world? Don’t you need any privacy?

An interim report(revised)

Twitter:

1. You can erase your messages.
  2. You need not show messages sent from other members on your profile page.
  3. You can send direct messages, if they are following you and you are following them.
  4. There are a lot of interesting people, such as 谷川俊太郎, Eric Blair(bot), President Obama, and 正岡子規(bot).

The wall function at LingQ:

1. You CAN erase your messages.
  2. You CAN reject(erase) messages on your wall sent from other members.
  3. You cannot send a direct message via the wall function.
  4. There are a lot of people who have a serious interest in learning languages, and some of them are trying to master more than two foreign languages.