EnglishLingQ Beginner (Who Is She?), Part 26

While I am reading the subject as title above, I came across a sentences “I am not sure what to say. You have a lot of nerve”. May I know what is the meaning of “NERVE” in that sentences. How can I use the word of “nerve”.

the meaning of nerve in that sentence means courage or confidence. The “Nerve” there is not the one pertaining to science because the meaning is implied.
you can use the word “nerve” in describing how you feel about certain things. for example:

You where asked to dance at a party but you knew that you’re not a good dancer you can say that “I don’t have the nerve to dance on that party” it means that you don’t have the courage or confidence to dance at all.

1 Like

the meaning of nerve in that sentence means courage or confidence. The “Nerve” there is not the one pertaining to science because the meaning is implied.
you can use the word “nerve” in describing how you feel about certain things. for example:

You where asked to dance at a party but you knew that you’re not a good dancer you can say that “I don’t have the nerve to dance on that party” it means that you don’t have the courage or confidence to dance at all.