English has become second nature and STAR TREK in language learning

“…It almost seems like someone translated the English subtitles to German. And separately someone else translated the English dialog/script to German…”

Yeah, that is most likely what happened.

How many points do you think it would take on the Exchange to ask someone to watch and correct all 176 episodes’ subtitles? 126 hours of video. Would 1000 be enough?

I found this to be quite frustrating, which is why I never really used subtitles for German.

@ spatterson

If you want a lot of TV shows with subtitles, you should check out this website.

The subtitles are mostly inaccurate, but it’s about as good as it gets. Technically you can only watch videos on this site in Austria, but I am sure that won’t slow down a master computer hacker.

ad spatterson: (…) … It almost seems like someone translated the English subtitles to German. And separately someone else translated the English dialog/script to German… It doesn’t seem like the German subtitles were based off the German transcript (…)

I have a friend who does that kind of translations and in most cases it is just the way you assumed.

This may be a crazy idea, if one was to simply email the people who made the German version and ask them for the script, would one be likely to be successful? My guess is no, but in all honesty, I have no idea.

@Robert

“I have a friend who does that kind of translations and in most cases it is just the way you assumed.”

Is your friend you, and are you referring to your “special project?” ;-p