En realidad, acabo de cambiar de trabajo. Sólo hace dos semanas que trabajo aquí

Can someone please help me out with these sentences?

I understand that Berta is talking about how she has switched jobs, but I dont understand the full meaning of the sentences. What is the word “acabo”? And the second sentence makes no sense to me. Is “hace” from the verb “hacer”?

Thank you in advance.

“Acabar de cambiar trabajo” means you have just changed job. The action of the verb in the infinitive mood has just ended. The change has just taken place.
“Hace + time + que + verb” = “to have been doing something (e.g. working here) for + time”. Hace is the third person singular of the present tense of hacer.
I hope this helps,
Michele

Good explanation Michele!
The structure “acabar de…” means you have just done something or finished doing something.

Acabo de ver esta película: I’ve just watched this movie
Acabo de salir: I’ve just left.
Acabo de cambiar de trabajo: I’ve just switched jobs (in the recent past, it’s unespecified, but it could be understood as in the last few days, weeks, or even few months: having in mind that usually having a job lasts a long period of time, in this context, “acabo de cambiar” could mean even a few months ago. If you say “Acabo de leer este libro”: I’ve just read this book, then you are talking about something more closed to the present, maybe a few days or weeks ago)

Thank you both! Makes more sense now:)

Kristoffer

Hi Moekris I see you’ll well ahead with this ABSOLUTE Beginner series, congratulations!. Do you like it? If you have any suggestions just let us know.

This ABSOLUTE Beginner collection is read at a very slow speed, the speed you need when you’re a beginner. You want to be able to tell each word apart.

But we also have this very same collection but read at a normal speed. All the lessons are read as you’d actually would hear them from natives. Since you are studying this “slow speed” collection, you’d only need to download or listen to the audio.Vocabulary and structure you’ve already studied, so you can focus on the audio. And it’s also a good way to reinforce and test your progress.

And if you’re going to practice the pronunciation it’s best if you use the “fast speed” collection, since there we give the sentence the correct tone and speed.

cheers and have fun!
saludos
Berta from IDEL
Aprender español en Lingq —> http://spanish-lingq.blogspot.com/

thanks Berta for the fast speed collection. Did not know it was availible.
greetz meke