Editing of my one lessons dont work and japanes words are not rekognized

Hallo,

i just tried lingQ yesterday for the first time. unfortunately i have two problems:

1. after i created a lessen i seems i can’t edit the text. i can change the title, the description and so on, but not the text. is it me or is it just not possible?

2. I learn Japanese. It seems that LingQ is able to recognize words in hiragana. I tried to press enter after each word and i tried a space after each word but it didn’t help. I found some threads on this topic, but they are all >4 jears old. Is there any improvement since 2009 on this issue?

saila

@saila456 - As a Free user you have a limit of 5 privately imported lessons. These lessons cannot be edited after they have been saved. One of the benefits of a paid subscription is full and unlimited access to the import functionality.

I’m not sure I quite understand the second issue that you have reported. The word splitter is similar as it was a few years ago. At some stage we do hope to improve the word splitter further but it is accurate for most words and allows learners to study Japanese texts on LingQ even if they don’t contain spaces.

If you have further questions be sure to let us know!

Hello alex, thank you for your answer.

As a Free user you have a limit of 5 privately imported lessons. These lessons cannot be edited after they have been saved. One of the benefits of a paid subscription is full and unlimited access to the import functionality.

So, does this mean that i can edit my lesson, as soon as i have paid subscription?

I’m not sure I quite understand the second issue that you have reported. The word splitter is similar as it was a few years ago. At some stage we do hope to improve the word splitter further but it is accurate for most words and allows learners to study Japanese texts on LingQ even if they don’t contain spaces.

In my instance i had problems with the word べんご し. LingQ split it into べんご and し. In other lessons out of the library, はじめまして is split into はじめ and まして.
However. while i’m writing this post, i found a solution for my problem. i just need to mark all the letters i want to “lingQ”. After i marked them, they fuse together.

thx again
saila

@saila456 - That’s correct. With a Premium account you will be able to edit imported lessons in addition to being able to import as many as you like.

What you’ve discovered is how to save a phrase :slight_smile: The word splitter isn’t perfect, so in the instances where it splits a word differently from how you would like you can just highlight the segments to join them together.