Does LingQ Extensions work on iPad Pro?

Hi,

I haven’t used the app yet but I was wondering if LingQ works on iPad Pro. And if the extensions are working as well, on Netflix or similar, using Chrome or others for example. Without having any computer at all.

Thanks.

edit: *Do

Yes, should be fine on iPad Pro. :slight_smile:

Hi Zoran,

How do we do that?

I’ve searched and it’s mentioned that it’s not possible to add extensions on iOS.

How can I grab Netflix subtitles on iOS? Could you help?

Edit: I think I’ve tried with the app extension on iOS, not using it from the browser. I will test tomorrow as I’ve never used it.

Oh it does work on iPad Pro? How do I get it on there? I didn’t know you could get extensions on iPad.

It will be perfect if this is possible! I tried to import Netflix using Safari but probably I didn’t do it correctly.
Also the app doesn’t recognize the keyboard attached to the iPad Pro to use the shortcuts (with any browser works pertectly) but it will be amazing to have everyting included in the app.

Let me confirm this with our iOS developers and I’ll get back with more details shortly.

We just tested this on our end. and LingQ Safari extension works fine on iPad Pro. Can you guys give it a try on your end? Thanks.

But we can’t install a safari extension in a iOS device, when I go to the extension download link, it downloads a dmg file, only for Mac.
The only thing we have in iOS is the LingQ application, there is another tool or workaround we don’t have?

What I do:

1. Open Netflix using Safari and start to reproduce a video.
  2. Go to the icon with a box and an arrow (sharing button)
  3. Select the LingQ iOS app
  4. It seems to grab something because the menu is exactly the same when I use my computer.

But when I go to the lesson imported, it doesn’t have the subtitles, it has some random text like the synopsis of the episode.

There is something I‘m missing? This doesn’t seems to be the correct method if you can do it correctly.

And any information about the iOS application making use of the capabilities of the physical keyboard?

1 Like

Hi Zoran,

I‘ve just tried with Safari because with Chrome is not even possible as Netflix forces you to open the app.

I can confirm that same process is doing Victor and it doesn‘t work. It doesn‘t grab anything, just a few lines. I tested twice with a movie I had already imported using the computer and it doesn‘t work.

How do you make it work?

Hi All,

I found the same thing. In order to import from YouTube or Netflix I have to use my laptop. It doesn’t work on iPad Pro.

@Victor866 That’s exactly how it works on the mobile or iPad. “Import as lesson on LingQ” under the Share in the browser you are using.
I just spoke more about this with our iOS developers and they confirmed that Netflix importing doesn’t work there at the moment. However, YouTube importing should work fine. Do you have problem with Netflix only or with YouTube too?

@davideroccato I just spoke more about this with our iOS developers and they confirmed that Netflix importing doesn’t work there at the moment. However, YouTube importing should work fine. Do you have problem with Netflix only or with YouTube too?

Hi Zoran, it works on Youtube but as you confirmed, it doesn’t work on Netflix. Unfortunately, Netflix import is a very interesting feature and I really hope you can make it work.

I disagree regarding YouTube (unless I’m doing something wrong). All that imports for me is the description info located below the video. None of the video content.

But as I said, I have no issue importing from my laptop.

yep, you’re doing something wrong. I’ve just checked with another video and it works. I’ve checked the subtitles as well. With Youtube there’s no problem. Just run the video from the browser (I use Safari in this case because it gives me the desktop version) and then use the share function as described by Victor before.

For Netflix it doesn’t work.

Thanks for the info. The audio didn’t import but at least the content did. I will keep trying :+1:t3:.

1 Like

youtube audio is not importing still. I have to manually rip the audio then add on to the lessons

It’s a separate issue. We are working on it.