Do you Use Wattpad for Learning and Importing on LingQ?

I was wondering if you know Wattpad and use it for learning different languages by reading and importing their original stories on LingQ. I don’t know how it works.

I know Wattpad, but I have never used it to learn a foreign language. Most of the stories there are by amateur authors and I worry about the quality of the text itself. I would rather not learn with texts full of typos and grammatical mistakes.

2 Likes

I know Wattpad, but I have never used it to learn a foreign language. Most of the stories there are by amateur authors and I worry about the quality of the text itself. I would rather not learn with texts full of typos and grammatical mistakes.

That is true, this could be a negative point.
However, I presume they have a system of comments or ratings from readers to easily understand if the language is correct and the story is good. I suppose that there must be at least a minimum of quality considering that most of them are aspiring writers looking to be found, recognised and so on. But I have no clue.

1 Like

There are almost no stories in Korean :pensive:. I looked. I’ve found amateur authors to be much easier to read for German and Spanish so I was disappointed.

1 Like

@kraemder Have you imported content from Wattpad on LingQ too? or you read it like reading on Kindle?

I just saw a YouTube video from Refold on how to export WattPad stories so I gave it a try for Korean. I do have one story that I exported in my library. Way way back in the day I used to just read amateur stories in German or Spanish sometimes. I don’t think I used Wattpad per se. I think I Googled amateur author stories or something and just read the stories in my browser using a pop dictionary. There used to be an amazing pop up dictionary for Windows called i-Finger in the 2000’s. You just purchased real dictionaries for roughly what it would cost to buy the paper edition and then you had this pop up dictionary on your computer. It wasn’t restricted to your web browser either - it was stand alone software although I recall it working very well with my web browser.

1 Like

Although I am familiar with Wattpad, I have never used it to acquire a language. There are a lot of stories there written by inexperienced writers, which makes me concerned about the text’s overall quality. I would prefer not to study from materials that are riddled with spelling and grammar errors.

Mabel Beck

pumpkin panic

1 Like

I here you, today is yearly Premium subscriptions all over! At the moment I use Reverso free version, and an add-on to Chrome, plus the inner look up and translate on Mac.

It is true, something I didn’t consider at the beginning. I don’t know if those stories are verified by someone, at least the most popular.