Do you Like this New Forum Platform?

Do you like this new forum platform?

• YES
  • NO
  • MAYBE
0 voters

I have to say I like this new forum platform.

I adapt very easily to change though and I almost don’t remember anymore the previous platform.

Considering this is the beginning and some things could still be tweaked, I believe there are already way better features than before.

There are many more things that can be done with this platform and once you get the use of it, longer posts can easily be managed.
I like the mention option, the various dismiss new messages, internal messages and many more things.

Unfortunately profiles are not linked to the software, videos don’t appear embedded for now, I don’t recognize links from regular text because they don’t turn blue color on white background. But some of this can be improved.

What’s your opinion?

Was this a good choice for you?

For me, it is positive.

1 Like

This is the only place where pop ups do not disturb me :grin:

In the end, I will get used to it.

So no complaints

1 Like

@asad100101 the only pop-up I remember was the streak and milestones pop-up. But they have finally made it possible to unselect it. SO happy about it. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing me that out. I did not know about that.

Overall, It is definitely an improvement. On other language forums I have noticed that I can attach multiple photos from my computer in a single post. Is that the case here too? or do I need a third party link to upload and share my photos/images?

1 Like

I think this is better than what they had last time I checked. It at least looks like it’s integrated into the LingQ system rather than being obviously outsourced.

1 Like

Looking in the rear-view mirror, something that was kinda broken has been improved.

Looking ahead to the future of software-enabled language acquisition, I’m not sure it is a high-priority opportunity.

1 Like

On other language forums I have noticed that I can attach multiple photos from my computer in a single post. Is that the case here too? or do I need a third party link to upload and share my photos/images?

@asad100101 I’ve never tried to attach more than one screenshot but you can try here, so we can test it.

@gmeyer well, the fact that there has been a fixed to allow the community to improve it is a good thing if you ask me. But for the future, Mark said that they outsourced it so that they can dedicate more time to LingQ’s software as this platform has managed by other teams. So I think it is a smart move if it is working. I definitely prefer them to work more and more on improving LingQ as they are doing. The new forum platform seems ok.

1 Like

Because I didn’t want to distract them from improvement of the Lingq core is why I refrained from critiquing and offering suggestions for improvement of the forums in the past. Outsourcing makes sense, and there are so many features here, out of the box, that’s what I assumed they did. And I assume I’ll get used to the new forums’ features.

1 Like

yes it’s quite fun and a must when it comes to refreshing things

1 Like

Maybe.

I just discovered that I can no longer create topics in the Open Forum, while I could before. So it becomes another minor headache to sort out.

I find myself impatient. I wish LingQ would focus more on fixing bugs and keeping them fixed, rather than adding new features and breaking old ones.

2 Likes

It’s hillarious, but after this new Forum platform was launched, the rest of the LingQ Website stopped working at all, at least for me. It’s just empty white pages instead of Language Learning platform. Still, looks somewhat better than their UI :smiley:

1 Like

It seems okay for reading, but I came to report a bad translation in one of the core lessons, and I couldn’t figure out how to post a new thread. So, I gave up, and am just reading posts.