Do not be discouraged by failure

Yesterday, while searching trough the Internet, I came across a Michael Jordan’s interview about his career. He said something like this: "I missed more than 9,000 shots in my career, I lost almost 300 games. 26 times I was trusted to take the game winning shot…and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life…and that is why I succeed.”The interviewer pointed out that Michael never got discouraged by failures. He just learned from them.

I just wanted to bring this here because I think this is a good message for all people who are learning a new language. My experience has taught me that the best way to learn a new language is just using it! Do not be discouraged by failures, just learn from your mistakes.

Thomas Edison also made thousands of attempts at creating a light bulb. He tried hundreds of materials for the light bulb filament, but there was always a problem. Some would burn out. Others would explode. Some would melt the glass. There were always problems, but he never gave up and he never saw his failure as a failure. He just saw it as a step towards success. Edison once said, “I have not failed. I have merely found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” This attitude of seeing failure as a learning experience helped him persevere.

We have one advantage over Mr Edison. We have LingQ! So, do not give up and keep working hard. We all are able to do it!

Thanks

Besides the corny third to last sentence :slight_smile: This is a great post! Thanks for the extra motivation.

Thanks for this post.