Dictionary requests

I’ve changed the name for Duden, but I’m reluctant to change the URL for Wiktionary for the reason that the conjugations are applicable to anyone studying German (since they don’t need the interface to be in their own language), whereas the main site is entirely in German and is really only useful for those looking for a German-German dictionary.

It is not exactly the case. There are translations into different languages available in its articles.
Could you probably add a “usual” German Wiktionary as a distinct entry in the dictionary list? In fact, English Wiktionary is also highly desired to be there (for German just as much as for every other language).

OK, I’ll look at adding Wiktionary as a separate dictionary.

I’ve just been having fun with Czech and what I’ve found myself doing is searching over English Wiktionary to find out WHICH forms of which words my new lingqs are. So, I am absolutely voting for adding English Wiktionary for every single language here at LingQ! It’s especially useful with inflected languages!

You’ll now be able to add Wiktionary as a dictionary :slight_smile:

Wiktionary was a great suggestion. Very handy addition! Thanks eugrus/alex!

Could you add this Russian-Chinese and Chinese-Russian dictionary, please?

URLs for both directions look like this:

Is it possible to add this dictionary for Czech?

As required by LingQ, words are looked up by simply adding them to the URL, so, for example the word “ananas” (pineapple) is looked up thus:

I really like this dictionary since as well as providing translations it gives great sample sentences.

I’ve now added both of these dictionaries :slight_smile:

Is it possible to add this Russian morphological analysis dictionary?

http://tinyurl.com/arl76x4

or (Link does not seem to work in this forum)

http://starling.rinet.ru/cgi-bin/morph.cgi?flags=endnnnnn&root=config&word=�����

The word should be in lowercase and must be in Windows-1251 encoding!

читаю is the above argument after “word=” (%F7%E8%F2%E0%FE)

@u50623 - This dictionary doesn’t seem to work properly. I tested it and looked up a few words but they all resulted in a “word not found” error.

%F7%E8%F2%E0%FE is читаю – not encoded in UTF-8, but in Windows-1251 or ISO 8859-5 encoding – see Windows-1251 - Wikipedia

e.g.
ч is hex F7 in Windows-1251 or ISO 8859-5, so the parameter in the URL is encoded %F7, and so on …

The conversation of the word into Windows-1251 or ISO 8859-5 may be the problem…

The Form is here: http://starling.rinet.ru/cgi-bin/morphque.cgi?flags=endnnnn

Copy and paste читаю and click (View).

Could you add the Multitran dictionary, please?

At least for:

en-ru

de-ru

fr-ru

And there are some more… Dictionary

Could you please add this one?

babelpoint - YouTube

e.g.

It’s a Russian Morphology reference for finding the main form of an inflected word.

@eugrus - Multitran is now available as a dictionary for the combinations we support.

@u50623 - Babelpoint is also now available.

Alex, great! Thanks a lot!

Polish-Russian dictionary is available on PONS, but is not presented in the LingQ’s list of PONS dictionaries for Polish. Could you fix it, please?

@Eugrus- That should be set up now.

Thanks, but it should be &l=plru&in=&lf=pl instead of &l=rupl&in=&lf=pl in the Polish section :slight_smile:

@eugrus - Can you try it now? I think it should be working.