Deleted lessons still show in continue studying

Thanks, we will look into it.

1 Like

I just tried to clean up my library and have gotten this message a LOT.

2 Likes

I think something happened that brought back this problem again. Everything I delete generate a ghost now: https://forum.lingq.com/t/is-there-a-way-we-can-eliminate-these-ghosts-empty-courses/158758/

2 Likes

We are working on it and we will have it fixed.

2 Likes

I also see the issue.

I see both deleted lessons from courses and also the deleted courses.

1 Like

I am also seeing the same problem.

1 Like

Same problem here. My ‘‘Continue Studying’’ is just a graveyard of deleted lessons, it’s a mess. I just upgraded to premium and I am seriously starting to regret it.

1 Like

We are working on it. Sorry about the delay!

1 Like

Any update on this? This does seem to effect multiple users.

3 Likes

Do you still see deleted lessons on your profile?

1 Like

@zoran I personally could delete a bunch of lessons, but I still have a ghost course: https://www.lingq.com/en/learn/de/web/library/course/1286088

1 Like

I’m still seeing Arabic as a “ghost language” in my profile. All I care about is Mandarin and Russian.

EDIT: German is also now permanently linked to my profile, apparently because I visited a German page once.

I’ve tried deleting them in the mobile app under “Settings > Languages” and nothing happens after I confirm by typing in “OK”

1 Like

Hi @thanawalt
Possibly you have removed the language while being in its Library? I assume this will just clear the progress but leave the language itself.
If so - please try to switch to another language and then remove the unwanted one. This should remove the language completely. Also, be aware it could take some time (usually up to a few minutes).

Update: after a more precise look, it seems there is a bug related to the deletion of languages. Be sure, it will be fixed shortly.

1 Like

I had several lessons that failed to import, but could not delete the failed imports. Also, I have deleted several lessons but they still show up. Of course I receive an error if I try to open them (Because the are no longer there, but the thumbnail still shows them being there)

2 Likes

Imagine this, I linked above a ghost course in January. That 404 course is still there, and now there are 3 deleted courses that are still there as ghosts! It’s awful to have a personal library like that!

2 Likes

Even if I delete an entire language and add it back, it doesn’t help—everything I delete just reappears. It’s like there’s no delete button in LingQ at all. I can’t believe this issue has persisted for years without a fix(maybe a little while in the middle according to this thread), especially since it seems to affect so many people. Others on Reddit have mentioned that they can’t even cancel their LingQ subscriptions because they keep getting messages about lessons that haven’t been deleted. Is this a matter of capability or willingness to solve the problem?

2 Likes

Good question. I hope so.
This is becoming out-of-control, I have so many ghosts that don’t make sense. I hope someone is working on this to find a way to fix it once for all.

4 Likes

Its very annoying bugs. especially not solved for years. How is it that?

5 Likes

The items of my list of import duplicated media. Now I cannot delete those items.
When I try delete I have noticed with “Failed to remove lesson from Continue Studying”

There is no solution?

2 Likes

@CLDavid Should be fixed now.

1 Like