Daylight Savings Time?

Can daylight be saved by that? RT @PBS: Good morning! If you’re in the U.S. – remember that you’ll be changing your clocks for daylight savings time.

Pierre: you explain yourself very well!

ytk031: I think you are making a joke, yes? Daylight is not saved, we simply move our schedules so that we may enjoy more daylight at the end of the day.

Wikipedia tells us that the idea arose in 1895. “Modern DST was first proposed by the New Zealand entomologist George Vernon Hudson, whose shift-work job gave him leisure time to collect insects, and made him aware of the value of after-hours daylight.”

More here.

I usually liked the Daylight Saving Time in the time that I studied at the afternoon, because still would have at least 1 hour of Daylight to enjoy the day. But my father always said that it´s not so good to people who have to wake up very early, because in the Daylight Saving Time they will have to wake up one hour earlier.

Dayligth Saving Time is a useful thing, but on other hand for many people it is a trouble. The changing bioritm of people is not a good idea especially for oldest people.