Daily LingQs and abusive ads

Dear sirs,

Your new change in Daily LingQs format (addition of Recommended Lessons) is a big mistake. It makes the work with words lists inconvenient, the e-mails huge in weight.

And NO evident purpose for such an abusive advertisement! Who uses LingQs, of course knows that recommended lessons he can find in main menu and Lessons. It’s useful tool of course, but in the right place only.

The effect of this addition is zero for the development of LingQ in general and negative for subscribers.

Please, leave only the words’ lists in Daily LingQs emails.

PS. And please, think again about dividing different languages in different daily lingqs e-mails, as in old good times.

Thanks in advance

Denis, many years with LingQ

No reaction. Nice. Is it really support forum?

So now I switch off my daily LingQs and urge all subscribers to do the same.

Denis

1 Like

It was week-end off for catholics and still early morning at best in western Canada.

Thanks, I got it. But 5 days were enough to transform my Inbox to heavyweight Trash Bin Mailbox (((

My colleague has another idea - I was trapped in April Fools’ Day Joke. And soon all will change for the best. Let’s see.

See what a crap I have to find and delete now from EACH of my lingqs daily texts! A great job! What’s for?? :

VD #217, Landesgartenschau, Teil 1
10 (7%)

Open

Hobbys - was gibt es Neues?
14 (10%)

Open

IN und NACH mit den Verben der Bewegung
2 (1%)

Open

Über das Aussuchen (Auswählen von Artikeln)
23 (9%)

Open

DIE STARKE DEKLINATION DER SUBSTANTIVE
1 (1%)

Open

Story 35
8 (7%)

Open

VD #520, Altes Land, 3. Tag - Cuxhaven und Zoo in der Wingst
18 (9%)

Open

1. „FASTELOVEND“
    25 (26%)

Open

A.90.Dialog 01 Daran – Woran - Pronominaladverb
7 (8%)

Open

Story 44
7 (6%)

Open

Über das SPRECHEN in LingQ
30 (11%)

Open

Grüßen, Begrüßen und Verabschieden - Möglichkeiten im Tageslauf
20 (9%)

Open

Story 43
7 (7%)

Open

Stockstadt in Bayern: Zwei Fabriken brennen in einem Ort - Großeinsatz der Feuerwehr

Open

Die Monate im Jahreslauf
67 (22%)

Open

And see on its weight!

Sorry don’t know how to add the picture.

So, 5 years ago - 300kb/mth
After strange re-design several years ago - 12mb/mth
And now - 60 mb/mth!

What for??

If you want to inform subscribers about new topics, you can do it in separate e-mail. Who wants it - will subscribe to it.

And yes, Plain Text is the best for such lists.

Thx.

Hi @surgarh,
General reactions for new format of Daily LingQs email were extremely positive. Earlier we had separate email for each study language but we changed it to current format a few months ago and our opinion is that it’s much better this way. Of course we didn’t expect that everyone will like the change, and I am sorry to hear that you aren’t enjoying in new format, but at this moment I am not sure if we are going to change it again in the near future.

Hi, Zoran

First, my name is Denis and you can see it in the end of each letter.

Second, “extremely positive reactions” for new design is only wishful fruit of your imagination, sorry. Where are they? Give me a link. I want to see something positive about New Mode from the people who uses the Classic Mode.

Now the problem is not the separate e-mails, but unreasoned overwhelming (and stupid by its location, sorry) Advertising in daily LingQs.

Do want you or not, but Steve and his team must now that his offspring gets worse and worse.

And when you will invent new “improvements”, ask the Subscriber, does want he or not what Zoran thinks “positive”.

Advice: If you want special Recommended Lessons e-mail - do create it. Separately.

Yours,
Denis

Zoran,

No reactions last time, no reaction this time.

So, please, this time I want to be sure that Steve read my comments.

I want to see if he sees his offspring this way or it’s the problem of his team.

Please let me know.

Thanks, Denis