Creating a lingq from a word, that is already in a lingqed phrase

As I am trying to do, first am getting a “term This field is required” error message, and then a lingq for the word “undefined” with a phrase “undefined” is created.

You cannot create a LingQ from a word that is already in a lingqed phrase. I suggest yuou LingQ your words first then LingQ the phrase,

Why the new thread for each little problem?

Why would you find it wrong?

@steve: “You cannot create a LingQ from a word that is already in a lingqed phrase”

I find that you can!

Try the Import Vocabulary feature in Vocabulary. For a single term or phrase use the first input field and select Confirm. The window that creates LingQs will come up.

Good to know! I was referring to the normal LingQing process while reading.

You can create a LingQ from a word inside a LingQed phrase if it is still blue. Open the phrase in the dashboard and the words in the phrase in the dashboard will show any highlighting. Hover on those highlighted terms to see the popups. This works for both blue and yellow words.

@Imyirtseshem

Just trying to help us all out by having it all centralised

I’ve been trying it as well by having it all organized, not just in one big heap. However, there can be multiple approaches :slight_smile:

@mark

That’s exactly what I was trying to do as I encountered this error (you have it above).

I take back what I said. If you save the phrase, and then go back to the LingQ, in other words, open the yellow LingQed phrase, you can still LingQ any blue unknown words inside it. I just did a few times without problem.

Good to know! :slight_smile: