Create/practice Lingqs with audio from source rather than tts?

Hello,

I love the many practice modes available for Lingqs, especially transcribing from audio - however, the audio is always tts rather than from the source itself. Is there a way to pull audio from the source when creating Lingqs, or is it perhaps a feature that’s on the way?

1 Like

For individual words it’s tts. I suggest working in sentence mode and have it play the entire sentence. This will use the imported audio.

1 Like

i dont understand quite well what you said. Am i missing something? when you say “This will use the imported audio.” in chinese is always tts.

1 Like

If you do your lesson in sentence mode (as opposed to page view), if you have imported audio, then if you click the “play” button above the sentence, it should play the imported audio associated to that specific sentence. That is my suggestion, rather than listening to the individual word.

You’re saying that in sentence mode it is not playing the imported audio for that sentence? Are you sure you have audio imported?

1 Like

I see, thanks. Ideally, I would have liked to be able to hop on Review Mode and review Lingqs created from words/phrases with their corresponding imported audio, but that does not seem to be a feature. I guess that makes sense since the program would have to automatically match the individual words with the audio timestamp. Would be an amazing feature to have in the future though.

1 Like

Ahhh. yeah. Would be nice. I think that would be difficult to implement (and costly in terms of storage probably).

1 Like

yes what zephaz says is what i also miss as a feature. that would be awesome! thanks also to ericb100 for your reply

3 Likes