Sometimes (not very often, but once every 1-3 days) the following happens to me.
- I “LingQ” a blue word, enter the data, and save it.
- The word is changed to yellow.
- If I refresh the page, / If I leave the lesson and come back, the word is blue again.
- If I “LingQ” it again, I see the data I entered before.
Please fix this bug, because the word should be yellow all the time after “LingQ”-ing.
Another thing: Very often there a no more blue words, but after clicking “I know all” there are 1-3 words added as “known”. I ask myself: which words are now added as “known”???
I’ve seen this too, hape. I’ve clicked “I know all” and there are two or three words left.
The issue with “I Know All” is one that we are aware of, and it has to do with the title also being included in the list of new words. It’s on our list of enhancements, so we’ll try and get to it soon.
it has nothing to do with going back and forth and then seeing the cache (in that case all new LingQs would turn back to blue again!).
No, this is a bug and happens only with certain terms.
See yourself in this swf-Video: http://bit.ly/hBJdAW
Thanks for the video. This looks similar to the other issue that has popped up when trying to create LingQs of certain items with apostrophes in them.
In any case, we’ll add this to our list.
hape, I tried reproducing this error but was unable to. Is this with every term in every lesson or simply with select items?
Yupp same thing is happening to me as well, although on the upside I have put the hint in so many times I know the word now
The “bug” is only in terms with an apostrophe in it, it’s really frustrating!!
Am I the only one having these problems? Seems that the other users are all preparing for Christmas …
Alex: try to LingQ: s’ėpuisait, it simply doesn’t work!
hape, we hope to have this fixed soon! Please bear with us in the meantime.
If I LingQ “s’ėpuisait”, see the following screenshots:
http://bit.ly/iimaVg << Creating
http://bit.ly/gM32ZM << After searching for it, editing – data lost
http://bit.ly/gVJX51 << and not recognized in the text
Now, all my LingQs with an apostrophe in the term are lost!
They are not yellow or underlined, and you cannot LingQ them anew.
You can tell by recent activity on the forum that we’ve been having several issues with LingQs, and it’s possible that the issues you’re coming across are different errors compounded together. Sometimes it’s difficult to locate the exact source of the problem, but I can assure you that we are spending a significant amount of time on getting these issues resolved. We’re doing our best to fix the issues that have been raised, but unfortunately it’s a work in progress so we will keep on it and hope that it isn’t too much longer until a fix is in effect. Thanks for your patience!